Wednesday, January 13, 2010

New Treadmill Workout!





Now that I have a treadmill (I got one for Christmas!!) I had to look up some great new workouts. I get bored just running along everyday. For me, there has to be variety!! I found a great website for runners
Running Planet! This link goes to the fat trimmer workout. Running Planet is great because there are programs designed for beginners all the way up to people who are training to run a marathon!

The Fat Trimmer workout is excellent! I will break it down here, but for more info..check out the link!! There are 3 different workouts for this fat trimmer plan. They consist of the big easy, strength circuit and fat buster. The big easy is a simple workout. You really can do what you want, whether it is walking, jogging, etc. I have actually done the big easy outside just by walking my dog!

The strength circuit will work you out!! Make sure you always warm up before exercising. During the strength circuit you run/walk 1/2 a mile and then do some sort of strength training exercise. I like to vary these exercises but some good ones include, push-ups, squats, tricep dips, crunches, bicep curls and shoulder presses. I don't have any weights yet..so right now I have been using my resistance band! I did 3 miles running , plus a warm up and cool down.

The fat buster is another fun variation. Basically, you can do what you are comfortable with. You run at an easy pace for 5 minutes and then for 1 minute you increase your speed.

Running Planet offers a 14-day program alternating between these 3 different workouts. I did the strength circuit yesterday and I am SORE! It says to rest today..but I will prob still take my dog for a walk!

I really am at the point now where I don't want to lose anymore weight..I just want to tone and get rid of more fat and gain muscle! I am going to stick with this program and see how it helps! I know one thing..I feel it today!

1 comment: