Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Clairol Shimmer Lights

I had my hair highlighted before Christmas and my hairdresser recommended Shimmer Lights shampoo and conditioner. I purchased the blonde/silver but they also make shimmer lights for brunettes and red heads. I bought this product at Sally's Beauty Supply. You can also buy these products on amazon.com.
I have mixed reviews about this product. The main issue I have with it is the smell!! After I got out of the shower it had a very strong odor. It doesn't smell bad..just very strong!! My husband has problems with allergies and he complained about the smell! Honestly, it really bothered him more than me! After my hair was dry though the smell was not nearly as strong.
The other con that I have concerns the conditioner. It is not as thick as I would normally use. When I got out of the shower and combed my hair it had more tangles than usual..but they quickly went away after adding in my Aussie Hair Insurance (I use this everyday no matter what shampoo and conditioner I use!!)
Ok..now that I have the cons out of the way..time for the pros!! This shampoo does exactly what it claims to do. My highlights were bright and shiny after my hair was dry! This shampoo and conditioner is also supposed to renew faded highlights. For me personally..after a couple of months my highlights do look very dull. I really think that adding this shampoo and conditioner to my routine will help my highlights maintain their color.
You can use this shampoo and conditioner everyday, but after reading reviews I don't plan on using it everyday. Since I have just had my hair highlighted, I will use it once a week. I will use it more often as my highlights get older. I really think this is a good product and it does work well if you can deal with the stong smell!! But I am willing to deal with it if it keeps my highlights looking bright!


No comments:

Post a Comment